The club house was constructed in 1910 to a design by founder member Alfred Powles who was a renowned local architect. He had previously been responsible for many of the ‘Cheshire Black and White’ style buildings which prevail throughout the area including the Sir John Deane’s Grammar school, the Brunner Guildhall and numerous public buildings throughout Cheshire
Over the years the building has been modernised and improved but has retained its character even during recent major enhancements since the turn of the century. These included the construction of new, purpose built visitor’s locker rooms, refurbished member’s locker rooms, a casual lounge and viewing area with magnificent views across the course, a member’s lounge adjoining an improved formal dining room and a new Professional’s shop with first class indoor teaching facilities.
The Delamere welcome is renowned throughout the North West with excellent food and refreshments being readily available including real ale, brewed by one of our members.
As a result of the major improvement programme to the club house the quality of the off-course facilities now matches the tremendous test of golf which awaits visitors and members alike.